Monday, May 02, 2011

Gnome Mplayer 1.0.4 beta status

Over the weekend I battled with gnome-mplayer/gmtk. It kept hanging on startup or crashing after running for a short period of time. Eventually, I found the problem and it was something I should have known better to do. I was setting GTK values, size allocations and colors, in the thread. This is just something you don't want to do. I could have used thread guards, but I decided to put things into the GTK idle loop, which a technique I have used in the past that works well.

As part of the testing I wanted to make sure that the iPad playback was still working properly, and it appears to be so far.

Gnome Mplayer playing music off an iPod

Any testing that could be done on the current SVN of gnome-mplayer would be appreciated.

No comments: