Monday, February 23, 2009

Nautilus Property Page now included in Gnome MPlayer

Andrew Kluger asked me that since I had a replacement for all of the Totem components (thumbnailer, browser plugin, media player) except for a property page in Nautilus then perhaps I could create one. I took a look at how Totem did it an determined that it didn't look that bad. So I started working on it and within about 4 hrs had something functional. It may not be finished yet, but it seems to fit the bill.


So how it works, is you install Gnome MPlayer from SVN (0.9.5) and it will install the Nautilus plugin. Select a media file that has an appropriate mime type (if your file type is missing, let me know and I'll add it), and right click on the file. Select properties and you should then see the Audio/Video tab. Click on it an it should then give you details about the media file based on what MPlayer knows about the file.

No comments: